Yes - of course it's been a while again! We have had Thanksgiving; Emily's 5th birthday; Ryan's 39th and life just happening. Ryan is in Istanbul, Turkey right now and we both have Skype on our computers, so this trip we are able to call & video call each other which is marvelous!
Yesterday, Sunday, soon after lunch he skyped us and the girls were watching and talking and Emily shouts out 'are you naked dadddy?'. Oh - you did have to be there, but it was so stinkin' funny! Speaking of Miss Em! She did turn 5 years old and we had a friend birthday party for her that was soooo fun:) We had 7 of her friends over and did some crafts; played some games; and ate some cookies! It was a good time. And I'm so happy for her. For Ryan's birthday, we gave him some cool presents and he really wasn't expecting any - so that was an even bigger surprise!
I'm coaching Ellen's basketball team with Duane Helms & Dr Marla. They had their first game on Saturday and Ellen did really well. They all did better (and worse) than expected, but it was alot of fun! I hope my girls enjoy playing and then work hard so they can really enjoy it because, truly, i love it! I wish i could go back and play and practice and experience it all again.
Saturday (Ryan had flown out already) we went to The Old Mill Theatre in Buhler for their Christmas show (Kirk & Blaine's Party) and it was so much fun! "Away in the Manger" was sung accapella by Jamie Kamikow and it was AWESOME! . . . 'stay near me dear Jesus . . .'
Through the month of December I'm reading through the book of Proverbs. I just love Proverbs 7:4 which says "say to wisdom you are my sister and call understanding your nearest kin". I miss the love of a sister sooooooo much! I need God so very much. I know--my head knows--that i don't need approval or affirmation from this world. It is just so very sad to me, however, that we withhold that from each other. I know it says in the bible to encourage one another; that two are better than one for if one falls the other is there to help him up. I kid you not - besides Ryan & Doug I have 'no one' that would help me up. So then i wonder - wisdom be my sister - am i or have i done something wrong?
The world looks not at the hearts of people; the world looks at what house you live in and how pretty is it? The world looks at what clothes you wear and how pretty are you? The world looks at the kind of vehicle you drive and the type of job you have and asks how much are you worth? The world says 'get more and want bigger'. The world says 'you will never be satisfied or impressive or complete until you buy in - literally'. You know what - the world LIES. Over and over and over again - it looks you in the face and spews out bold faced lies. So, lets call it what it is - a liar.
Most importantly, lets run from lies and run to TRUTH. Jesus is the way and the truth and the life . . . he who comes to me . . . Oh, Jesus, I am coming!
Okay - now for the part that so befuddles me . . . many, many, many christians 'buy in' to the ways of the world. Folly you are so sly and so sneakily deceptive so I call you OUT! and say 'WISDOM YOU ARE MY SISTER AND UNDERSTANDING BE MY NEAREST KIN!' Open the eyes of my heart and give me wisdom & truth!
Again, this is another reminder that my hope does not come in people (never), my hope is found in Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment