Hey! What a wonderful Christmas celebration Ryan, I and the girls had with all our family - goodness! We are so very, very blessed!!!
We were able to celebrate with the Durst side prior and the Kaufman side after . . . it was just good. My sweet, sweet grandmother (who I like to call Queen Esther) was with us at mom & dad's and I am so fortunate to be 42 years old and have a grandmother who lives by herself, knows me, loves me and wants to be with me . . . God, she is one of those "good and perfect gifts from above" (Js 1:17).
Anyway, as Ryan & I were driving home from KC, we were visiting about how to "make a difference" in this world. Notice, that it is not the same as being "recognized" by this world, or "making a name for yourself" in this world; but how to "make a difference" IN this world - IN today - IN effectiveness (not ineffectiveness). So - am i making myself clear here? Ha!!
No, really . . . are what we doing day.in.day.out, are we effecting this place for good? for betterment? for God? Are we spreading seeds of love and hope and joy? Are we sharing His kingdom here so that others may share His Kingdom there? What am I passionate about? Jesus! Ryan! My girls! What do I love to do? Study and share; teach others about the beauty of His word and how it is tied up perfectly and how His beauty will knock our socks off one day . . . about the marriage of the bridegroom to His bride, the Lion and the Lamb being in perfect harmony . . . living in the truth that He l.o.v.e.s. me. He Loves me. Jesus loves me. Jesus, You.Love.Me. Wow! It's like I just want to share how wonderful He is.
And. In a world of ugly and messy and not so wonderful at times, He is. Always. He's the Beautiful Bridegroom AND He looks at me and sees beauty in me. That is too much to bear at times for me; the love and tenderness He has . . .
Okay - off track - so, we were talking about how some people are so effective in just sharing their story or a story. So, I guess what I am getting at is that i hope to teach my girls to be brave and tell a story. To be brave and tell a story by living it and loving it and confessing and forgiving and forging new paths . . .
Regret is an ugly, horrid word and I want that never to be harnessed to myself or my girls. Live. Love. Give. Serve. "and all these things shall be added unto you."
Sweet Jesus, help me to share my story . . . it has been sad & ugly and happy & lovely . . . but You have always been in it. thank You.
thank You for being the thread throughout, a crimson rope made just for me.
Thank You for Christmas.
Because it led to the Cross.
Thank You for the Cross.
Because it led to Life.
Amen & amen. Love, m!
Dear girls, I am so glad to be part of your story. I love you!
Ryan, you are my story...
No comments:
Post a Comment